The first car in the district was a Hupmobile owned by the late CC Maley. This car arrived in 1913. It was followed by a Ford which was owned by an agent E Ranson. The 1914 – 18 Great War then called a halt to car arrivals, before they came into general use in the 1920’s.
The first modern tractor, a 4 cylinder high speed all enclosed job was a Case introduced by H. Upperman in 1923. Others of various makes soon followed and power farming was fairly general by the latter 1920’s.
The first Motor Truck, a 25 cwt Reo was introduced by the Hebiton Bro’s in 1925.