The Three Springs District was granted a Board of its own in 1929, however, prior to this, Three Springs formed part of various other boards. At first, under the Upper Irwin Road Board functioning at Mingenew, this became the Mingenew Road Board. In November 1923, a new Board was created at Carnamah and Three Springs was included in this area.

The first meeting of the Three Springs Road Board was held on February 2nd, 1929. The first committee was E Hunt (Chairman), EK Bryne, CF Thomas, AI Broad, W Mutter, HJ Sweetman and WD Smith.

In 1960 the Three Springs Road Board became officially known as the Three Springs Shire Council.