Miss Claire Koch gave the first postal services. During the later part of 1910 Mr J. Bailey from Moora opened the first official Post and Telegraph Office in part of the local store then conducted by the late Mr W Harris.

In the year 1913 the Post Office was moved into a private house situated on Touche Street. Business was conducted through a window with a ledge on the front verandah for about four or five years, after which a separate room for postal business was built on land alongside the house. During 1914 telephone facilities were established with six subscribers and shortly afterwards private boxes were installed. June 1939 brought the opening of the present Official premises, and in 1940 an automatic exchange was installed to replace the manual system.